4H started last week. We were sad to find out that Little Man has to be a Cloverbud again this year. But good news is, he will be a real 4H’er next year. How exciting!
Knowing my Little Man… I started thinking ahead! You can never plan to much! He wants to take rabbits next year. Well this momma is on it!! I’m on the research Bing! To say the least! I have come to the conclusion that we need to buy show rabbits this year and get him started learning this summer! That way next year he won’t be scared and just thrown into something he knows nothing about.
Show rabbits also know as meat rabbits are a little different than a pet rabbit. So the planning begins.
- We need to build a rabbit hutch out side to house a doe (which is a girl rabbit) and one for a buck (which is a boy rabbit)
- Then we need to build another hutch for the offspring!
- We need to find pedegree rabbits to start our rabbits out with!
We have so much to do to prepare for the show rabbits… But in the mean time, I bought Little Man a pet rabbit to keep indoors. This way he is learning the basics and he can play with this one!
To top it off a pet rabbit is cheaper than show rabbits. We still have a few months to go before we will be getting the show rabbits, so this momma is putting her little boy to the test and he don’t even know it. I figured with a pet rabbit I could find out a number of things!
- Is he scared of it?
- Can he handle it properly?
- Can he clean up after it properly?
- And lastly, can he feed and water it properly?
If he can prove to me that he can do all these things on a daily basis with his pet rabbit…Then we will move forward with the purchase of show rabbits!
So we would like every one to meet: Ruby!
Until next time,
Plan for your kids future!
Country Girl 🐰🐓🐔