In today’s crazy fast paced world, we sometimes forget the simple things! My simple things may be different than your simple things. So I suggest everyone to really sit and think about what you view as simple!
I have sat and thought many times how I could bring back the simple things in my life! I have come up with 6 Tips that I think would help bring the stress levels down! No body every said life was easy! But just maybe we could calm our minds and destress our lives by just doing simple things!
- Fruits & Vegetables! Learn how to grow and provide your family with fresh fruits and vegetables by gardening and planting your own orchards (if possible)! If you know how the fruits and vegetables are grown, you have less to worry about if it is going to make you sick! You don’t have to have 100 acres to grow vegetables. There are many posts on the web to teach you how to grow vegetables any where from an apartment to large spaces.
- Food in general! If we don’t have food we will not survive! Learn how to preserve food, no mater if it is food you grow on your own or food that you buy from the store. Learn how to cook with what you already have. It’s not a bad idea to have a small stock pile either. Just encase something happens in the world!🌎
- Organization is key! If you have a lot of clutter… It can bring lots of unwanted stress to your life. Find and learn how to organize every aspect of your life. From food, grocery lists, laundry, closets and cupboards, to bills and finances!
- If you research about all the forgotten skills of our pioneers, you will find many skills that you could still apply to you every day life. For example dryers have not been on this planet for very long. The pioneers used to hang dry all their laundry! Imagine if you cut back on using the dryer, by hanging your clothes how much money would you save on your electric bill? I don’t know about you… But if my electric bill would go down some, so wouldn’t my stress level. $400.00 electric bills would raise anyone’s stress levels!
- Learn to raise some sort of livestock! One of the easiest livestock’s to raise in my opinion would be Chickens! Not only would you be raising your own meat but chickens provide you with eggs daily. No more buying eggs at the store. They are better for you too! In my house we eat eggs daily!
- Family! Family! Family! In this technology bearing world we forget to sometimes just sit down and enjoy our families! If you need to set aside a date and time twice a month just to reconnect with each other, then do so! The feelings generated by spending time with the ones you love can not come from any other place! We are not getting any younger! And none of us stay here forever. So put the phones down… Lock them away for a night, and get a board game out, or fix dinner together. Just have fun!
To some, these may not seem simple! But trust me if you work very hard at these, one day you will no longer think about them, you will just do them. They will come naturally to you. If you find ways to bring down your stress level… I promise you life will become much simpler!
Until next time,
Don’t Stress, just relax!
Country Girl 🐔🐓🐣